This is a recipe from celebrity chef, Chef Frank Fol. And it’s easy to prepare at home!
It's a wonderful dish for an evening with friends and family, or if you simply want to have a light dinner.
The base is crushed potato with sauce and celery pieces, drizzled with olive oil.
On top are mushroom cut into paper-thin slices and seasoned with black pepper and salt.
And to finish, garnish with Motti cress and celery sauce.
The chef recommends pairing it with a glass of red wine, or Gamay Valke Vleug wine from Scheldeland, Belgium.
This recipe serves 4.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Techniques: yarn, sauce, raw
Plate: Wild Moon large flat ceramics
800 gr waxy potatoes
400 gr green celery
2 garlic cloves
4 to 6 chestnut mushroom (Known as Cremini mushrooms in North America)
Motti Cress - Koppert Cress
El Flamenco olive oil
Coarse sea salt
For the crushed potato:
- Peel the potato. Cook in water with salt and pressed garlic.
- Drain, crush with a fork and keep warm under lid.
For the celery sauce:
- Cut celery (about half with leafy green) into pieces and wash well so that all the sand is removed.
- Cook celery in water with coarse sea salt until done. Then scoop out the cooking liquid and cool under running water. (in this way it retains its beautiful green color)
- Keep cooking liquid
- Mix it together with the cooking juices and olive oil, black pepper into a running sauce.
For the celery pieces:
- Cut celery (other half) into fine pieces and wash well so that all the sand is removed.
- Cook the celery in the boiling water until tender. Then scoop the celery out of the cooking juices under running water. (in this way it retains its beautiful green color)
For the carpaccio:
- Cut chestnut mushroom into fine slices.
Divide the lukewarm potato over the plates.
Divide the crispy celery over the potato and drizzle everything with olive oil.
Spread the slices of mushroom on top and season with black pepper and sea salt.
Spoon some sauce over the plates and finish with the cress.
Get Frank Fol's full e-cookbook, Wild Cooking.
These mushroom recipes include home-cooked favorites, plus exotic dishes from famous chefs who love to cook with mushrooms. The recipes...
A series of interviews with chefs from around the world, all of whom love to create amazing dishes with mushrooms. The interviews...
Mushrooms are dense with nutritional value and a variety of textures and flavors… including chicken, lobster and shrimp! Read the full article...